Since 1987, sports writers from Deseret News have selected the top high school basketball player in the state to receive the recognition of Utah Mr. Basketball (see list
). Our goal since 2007 has been to prepare the next-generation of talented athletes by organizing Fall and Spring competitive basketball leagues for boys in grades 5-8 in Utah Valley.
*Spring 2014 League starts March 8 and ends with Championship Games the week of April 14*
- Fall League usually runs from mid-October to mid-December.
- Spring League usually runs from mid-February to mid-April.
- Teams play in their own age division - Grades 5th-8th.
- Coaches organize their own teams of 6-8 boys per team and are responsible to find their own practice facilities.
- All teams are guaranteed at least 7 games.
- The final championship games are only for the Top 2 teams per age division.
- Trophies and awards are presented after the Championship Game.
- Our MVP Award is called "The Shawn Jones True Player Award", in memory of our good friend (see more)
- All coaches and players are insured for all games and team practices (a copy of the insurance policy is available, if needed).
- All officials are experienced Utah High School Certified referees.
- Utah State High School Basketball rules are used (with the exception of a running 18-min clock per half which stops that last 2 minutes of the game).
- Team fee is $495 (for up to 8 players; $15 for each additional player)
- Make check payable to Utah Mr. Basketball
- Mail to: 835 South 900 East, Spanish Fork, UT 84660
- Payment Due: February 12, 2013
- All games are typically held in a couple different gyms in Spanish Fork (see schedule for specific address).
- Service scholarships are available for youth with financial hardship. Please indicate in the form below and we'll provide additional information.
- For additional questions, email utahmrbasketballleague [@] gmail.com or call Sean after 3 pm at 801-472-3869.